Friday, May 16, 2014
Looking Back
It feels weird remembering my high school career now. I'm starting to question the logic of eyewitness accounts; memories warp so easily. People change, events happened and the moment may be structured that way now and forever, but what comes to pass afterwards can quietly change the moment in your own head. You look back on things you once thought were a good idea with a feeling of sadness for your naivety, a twinge of regret for what could have been, and maybe a bit of laughter. Remembering isn't easy, and if you can't really remember your own experiences how can you possibly begin to remember history? Is it even really your place to "remember" an event you weren't alive for? Does that make it easier? We have our memorial days. We have our petty "thank you's" and "remember when's" but in reality, no one knows exactly what we're saying thank you for, and no one remembers the same event. The same things may have happened, yes, but in each person's mind its just a little different. So now I'm sitting here, thinking about my past five years, my one last class, and just wondering "how much can I really say I know about my own life?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment